Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Blessings

Blessings... Huh? What? This chick hasn't been a widow even 4 weeks yet and she's talking about blessings? What is going on here? Ok, well truth be told God and I... well, God and I have not been seeing eye to eye lately as one can imagine, but that doesn't mean that I can't still find myself thankful and feeling blessed in some areas. So I just felt that it may be good for me to list my blessings so that one day when Jesus IS my homeboy again (I TOLD YOU I MAKE BAD JOKES-- just wait for my "Widow Humor")I can look back and say, cool. OR something more appropriate? But it is almost midnight (will be by the time I actually finish typing) and I've had a long day, so cut me some slack. Oh and these are in no particular order nor are they all inclusive since again, I should have been in bed 4 hours ago!

I am Blessed:
1. Unspoken-- probably close to 5 of these... curious aren't you ;)
2. The wonderful conversation I had tonight.
3. The wonderful message I got earlier that gave me some hope that not all of this suffering is in vain.
4. That I "know people who know people" who can get things done for me.
5. That I have the wonderful love and support of all my friends, family, churches, etc.
6. That I was able to speak something from the heart that wasn't judged.
7. That I have gotten several compliments today from different people.
8. That I have a friend from home who not only gave me one last night with Tom, but has allowed me to use my widow humor and not judged me (to my face) and actually laughed with me. (read: Good friends laugh with you at your bad jokes in times like these. Any other time you can AT me).
9. Those who have helped with the kids-- you know who you are. ;)
10. Those who have made us food! The Lord knows that I do not cook in times like these.
11. The new people I have met and the opportunities that have presented themselves to me.
12. All the wonderful people who are praying for us since I can't do it.
13. IDK I'll fill in later. I'm off to sleep and with 2 minutes to go before midnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment